Whole Counsel Theology

Friday, December 23, 2005

Welcome to Whole Counsel Theology!

Welcome aboard! This blog is dedicated to Whole Counsel Bible Theology. That is, that when we consider the meaning of a particular Bible text, we do so through careful exegesis, considering its immediate context first and foremost, but also what the entire Bible has to say on the matter.

Because of this, it might not surprise you (though it might) to know that I am Reformed in my theology, and also a Baptist. It is my strong desire that the church I go to, Calvary Baptist Church in Greenwood, IN would become Reformed in its theology as well, and to this end I pray daily.

The reason I have chosen the name for my blog is because of what "Reformed" means. If you "reform" something that was broken, you make it whole. So then, to be Reformed in theology is to seek out the whole counsel of Scripture on a matter, and take the entire Bible for what it says, leaving nothing out. So, being "reformed" is a whole lot more than being what many call a "five point calvinist." Those five points come out of it, and they get the brunt of the discussion when it comes to matters such as predestination, but oh, there is SO much more. This will be the subject of a few of my posts from time to time. However, the bulk of it will likely be exegetical studies on certain passages of Scripture.

I look forward to what God will do through this blog.


".... for I did not shrink back from declaring to you the whole plan of God." - Acts 20:27, HCSB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home