Whole Counsel Theology

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Phil Johnson on the "Emergent Conversation"

After the things I've seen over the last couple of days, seeing Phil Johnson's post about the emergent church stuff over at TeamPyro was refreshing. It was clear that the man didn't have a personal axe to grind in his brief review, and he pointed out some good things about Driscoll's differences with the predominant emergent culture.

In any case, it isn't very long, and is worth your read!

SDG,
DBH

**** UPDATE **** 10:30pm 8/5/2006

Phil Johnson updated his article at noon today (after I linked to it). It has much more information than before. So much for it not being long. :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Hey, Andrew!

    Much of my reason for linking to that article over at TeamPyro is because Phil Johnson DID make the distinction between Driscoll and the Emergent church at large. Of course, Driscoll isn't "Emergent" but rather "emerging" and I like your description of it (as well as his that I saw in the videos I've mentioned before).

    Anyway, I pretty well agree with everything you said in this comment, so I won't bother to say much else. :)

    SDG,
    DBH

    By Blogger David B. Hewitt, at Saturday, August 05, 2006 1:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home