Whole Counsel Theology

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The Effects of the "Doctrines of Grace" on Evangelism

I was reading this artcile by John Piper, and I couldn't help but note what he said about evangelism and what these beautiful, biblical doctrines (the TULIP ones) do for evangelism. I'll quote him from that article below:
9. These truths reminds me that evangelism is absolutely essential for people to come to Christ and be saved, and that there is great hope for success in leading people to faith, but that conversion is not finally dependent on me or limited by the hardness of the unbeliever.

So it gives hope to evangelism, especially in the hard places and among the hard peoples.

John 10:16, "I have other sheep that are not of this fold, I must bring them also. They will heed my voice."

It is God's work. Throw yourself into it with abandon.

Beautiful; absolutely beautiful. Do you see it? There are others out there that God has marked as His sheep. Jesus must bring them in also! Those people will heed His voice. When we share the Gospel, we can be confident that God is the one working to make it effective.

It truly is God's work. Throw yourself into it with abandon!

SDG,
David Hewitt

2 Comments:

  • Naomi:

    Thanks for the comment and for the encouragement. Perhaps I'll track down a few more of those articles you speak of and post them; evangelism is definitely something about which we must be passionate. The reason is that our God has commanded it, that He wants the nations to worship Him, and all people in the world owe Him allegiance. Jesus deserves the worship of everyone in the world -- and He is not receiving it. Jesus died on the cross and purchased a people for Himself -- and He deserves His reward.

    Let us then go forward and declare His Gospel without looking back!

    Lord, bring it about in me continually!

    SDG,
    David B. Hewitt

    By Blogger David B. Hewitt, at Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:51:00 PM  

  • I really like this one on Together for The Gospel's web site:

    http://blog.togetherforthegospel.org/2006/02/index.html

    Written by Ligon Duncan, he gets a little chippy at the end with a comment about an "APB".

    Always makes me laugh.

    =-D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, June 13, 2006 12:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home