Whole Counsel Theology

Thursday, October 26, 2006

A few things about that sermon....

Well, I met with two of my pastors today hoping to discuss some of the points of the sermon, but we never did get into the Scriptures - they didn't seem to want to, which honestly confused me. In any case, that was a meeting between me and them in private, so I won't elaborate on it any more here.

In any case, the sermon is available at Calvary Baptist Church's website, but I went ahead and uploaded it to my personal (and free!) file server, so you can get it here. This way we don't tax them too much in the bandwidth department.

Since I wasn't able to go into the Scriptures while I spoke with my pastors, however, I guess I'll go ahead and do it here. There will certainly be some disagreement. However, just because I am disagreeing with what was said does NOT mean that I'm attacking the man. There will be no personal attacks nor insults. If people cannot tell the difference between a critique of one's position in the spirit of biblical discussion and a personal attack, then well, I'm sorry but I can't help you much there.

So, after I review many of the texts he used in the sermon, I hope to finish my posts on "free will" theism, as well as post some thoughts about the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses that dropped in here last week. :) May God grant me more opportunities to share Christ with them and then grant them salvation.

May God be glorified as His Word is opened and becomes the final judge in all we say and do.

SDG,
DBH

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home