Whole Counsel Theology

Monday, December 25, 2006

Finishing the Sermon Series

For a while I've been working on a series that I started right as I left my old church on the last sermon I heard my former pastor preach. I'll be finishing it over the next two weeks, perhaps attaining a bit more closure.

If anyone is wondering, no, I am not blogging against him or the church. I'm examining the things he has said in the light of Scripture, the rule against which all things ought to be measured. If (and sadly, I must say when) I say something contrary to the Word of God, I can only hope people will come to me about it and desire to dialogue with me in the Scriptures about it to show me my error so that I may repent.

I went to my former pastor to discuss the Scriptures with him (the ones I have posted about and a few more) and we never once cracked a Bible; he wasn't interested in doing it. So, I have come here to present the truth. If this is construed as a personal attack, well, it is not. I love my former pastor and church and desire only the best for them; however, if things do not change there in the near future, then I fear the worst for them.

In any case, I wanted to mention this as some rumors have flown around that I've been blogging against my former church or trying to teach hypercalvinism or something. Neither is true of course, and I would ask if there is any substance to those rumors that people would come forward, either here or in person, to confront me. And, if and when they do, to present evidence that I've been doing either of those two aforementioned items.

May God Himself judge between us.

...one other thing of utmost importance before I close this post:

Merry Christmas, and may God bless you as you celebrate the Incarnation!

SDG,
dbh

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home